Shoedazzle is another monthly subscription service, with a bit of a twist.
From their website:
Shoedazzle offers our clients personalized shoe, handbag, and accessory recommendations chosen for them by our team of A-list stylists. Our clients get new options at the beginning of each month, and also enjoy access to exclusive collections, celebrity designs, and award-winning Client Services, all with no obligation to buy or membership commitment. Because we design and oversee manufacturing of all of our shoes, we are able to offer beautiful style and high quality for just $39.95 with free shipping*, so women everywhere can get in on the fun and fill their closets.
They try to make it very clear in the FAQ that they’re not a shoe-rental service and anything that you pay the $39.95 for is yours to keep.
Shoedazzle has what is called a “showroom”. This is where, on your personal Shoedazzle profile, you can find all of your personalized selections. It’s where you’re immediately taken after you sign into your account on the site. You can also access your showroom from your iPhone or your Android.
The shoes, handbags and accessories they sell are the Shoedazzle brand, but they may look similar to other pieces seen elsewhere (according to the website).
TAKE NOTE: They measure all heel heights using a 6.5 size shoe. So, depending on the size of shoe you order, the heel height may vary slightly.
It is free to join Shoedazzle, and this is what makes it unique. You get an e-mail sent to you every month with options hand-picked for you, and if you don’t want any, you just don’t pay for that month. If you do choose something, it costs only $39.95 (which I’m pretty much loving for some cute heels or a handbag :D )
So, in order to join, there are some steps to follow:
1. Take a short style quiz (think Birchbox, only with fashion:) )
2. Create a sign-in (an e-mail and password so you can create an account with the website)
3. Receive your personal showroom (Within 24 hours, they e-mail you a link to your personal showroom, and it changes every month). You can also shop their Collection, bi-weekly DazzleDeals, and LookBooks.
4. Pick what you love (Choose anything from any of the options above, for $39.95 with free shipping and handling [and returns, if necessary], and your order is delivered in their signature pink box or dustbag.)
The website says: Once you’ve placed your first order and entered your billing and shipping information, you become a ShoeDazzle Client and shopping gets even easier; all you have to do is visit your showroom at the beginning of each month and place an order, skip the month and not be charged, or do nothing and accumulate a credit you can redeem at your convenience.
5. See more options (also from the website: If you’re not smitten with anything in your showroom, you can ask the stylists to provide Alternate Selections—for any of the three categories—right from the comfort of your showroom. You can also make Special Requests for the following month, or to find something specific, contact our award-winning Client Services team for assistance at 1-888-508-1888, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PST).)
This is something about Shoedazzle that I’m not too sure about, but I’m kind of scatter-brained, so I guess if you can remember or at least check your e-mails, it’s not a big deal:
Once you place your first order, you become an “active client”, which means that every month before the 5th, they send you an e-mail and you either place an order, skip the month, or ignore the e-mail altogether and they will charge your credit card for $39.95 and give you a credit in your account, so you can place an order anytime you want. (I can’t decide if I like this option or not. . . )
HOW TO CANCEL:
I know that cancelling these subscriptions are kind of difficult sometimes, but Shoedazzle gives clear and direct instructions and they don’t charge any cancellation fees. From their website: If you do decide to close your account, you may do so at any time and there is no cancelation fee. Please call* our Client Services team at 1-888-508-1888, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PST).
It does say that accounts cannot be cancelled by e-mail.
You can read about the ordering and shipping information, plus all other FAQ’s not clairified in this post here, including billing and returns. For the ordering and shipping FAQ’s, scroll down to the ORDERS & SHIPPING segment.
I tried to include as much information in this post, but it’s a lot of information! I’m exhausted now! :p
I do have a Shoedazzle account, but I have not purchased anything from it, yet. But, everyone gets 20% off their first purchase, so I might have to take advantage of that! :)
Sign up for Shoedazzle here!
Disclaimer: I am in not way affiliated with Shoedazzle, but this post may contain affiliate links. I do have an account, but I was not paid or compensated for writing this post.